Time for a Nate Silver Fix

Nate has become a combination blankie/pint of Haagen Daz for me.

He’s projecting that Obama will get 299 electoral votes on November 6, and Mitt will get 239.

He gives Obama a 77.4% chance of winning, and Mitt a 22.6% chance.

The right is so infuriated with Nate that they’ve labelled him with the worst insult they can think of — they’re not challenging his mathematical model, they’re calling him gay.  This comes from the paranoid nut job who started UnSkewedPolls.com.

Polls, Polls, Polls

The freshest polls, right out of the oven:

President Obama is up by 5 in Ohio, but by just 1 in Florida and 2 in Virginia (NYT/CBS).

President Obama is up by 4 in Pennsylvania (Franklin and Marshall).

President Obama is up by 5 in both Wisconsin and Iowa (PPP — leans Dem).

These are narrower leads than he’s had earlier in the race — you know, before the first debate.

Auto Makers’ Criticism Can’t Stop Mitt’s Lies

Something a little unusual here.  We expect to see the campaigns fighting with each other, but now the Romney campaign is fighting with GM and Chrysler, who have called Mitt out on his lying ads about the auto industry, including his false claim that jobs making Jeeps here will be moved to China.

The Romney campaign is dismissing the auto makers’ pushback and continuing their sleazy ads.  All they care about is winning Ohio, and one in eight jobs there is auto-related.

It’s hard to call something a new low in presidential campaigning, but this may be it.

Mitt has shown us that he believes the end justifies the means.  When he was running in Massachusetts, he got permission from the Mormon Church to lie about his position on abortion and pretend to be pro-choice, so long as he wouldn’t govern that way if elected.

Troubling, Very Troubling

Watching the Obama campaign send Bill Clinton to Minnesota and Joe Biden to Pennsylvania.

At this late date, you campaign in swing states and don’t waste time in solid states.  So you have to wonder how solid Minnesota and Pennsylvania are.

The Romney campaign claims they’re expanding the map not to get to 270, but to get to 300.  Since they lie about everything else, I sure hope they’re lying about this.

GM, Chrysler Hit Back at Lyin’ King Mitt

Both GM and Chrysler are hitting back at Mitt’s lies about the auto bailout in general and about Jeep moving U. S. jobs to China in particular.

GM says the Romney campaign is in a “parallel universe.”

It’s fine with me if he becomes president in that parallel universe, just not this one.

I can’t remember private companies calling out campaign ads for their lies in a presidential race before.