U. S., Libya Disagree on Benghazi Attacks

Our Ambassador to the U. N., Susan Rice, hit the Sunday talk show this morning claiming that the Benghazi attacks first on our consulate and then at a safe house were “spontaneous.”

By contrast, the Libyan President, Mohammed Magarief, claims the attacks were planned in advance “by foreigners, by people who entered the country a few months ago.”  He says the Libyan government has arrested more than 50 people so far.

I think this headline from The Australian says it all — “US in denial over embassy murders.”

 

4 comments on “U. S., Libya Disagree on Benghazi Attacks

  1. Harris Jordan says:

    Obama had better figure this crap out pdq or it could cost him the election. He loses his trump card of foreign policy superiority over the wanton wannabe.

  2. Patti Kuche says:

    A “spontaneous” breakdown in communications with unreliable sources?

  3. Kevin Bayona says:

    The administration’s foreign policy is feckless and endangers American interests, but I do think the United States should continue to direct foreign aid to Libya and other states in the region in order to create a financial dependency. Foreign aid translates into diplomatic influence.

    http://www.kevinbayona.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s